When it comes to property division through a divorce—whether you own extensive assets or a few—the financial impact can be deep. Even for people who settle their divorce in an uncontested way, if the details of property division are not focused on, long-term consequences can emerge. We have seen many cases where our clients have tried to settle their property division without the help of an attorney. Contact us before you make such decisions. We can save you time, effort, and money in the long run. Some of the concerns that we can address include:
- How do we divide our home if neither spouse can afford to keep it?
- What happens if we can’t sell our home for a profit?
- How are retirement plans divided?
- Can my spouse get things I owned prior to the marriage or that were given to me by my family?
- Can I get more than 50% if the divorce is my spouse’s fault?
- How do we divide joint debts?
- Do we have to refinance cars or real estate?